Makes 12 medium size fritters (approx. 6 cm)
- 500 grams zucchini, grated
- 250 grams sweet potato, peeled and grated***
- Pinch of sea salt & pepper
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup almond meal****
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 diced onion
- 2-4 tablespoons coconut oil (for cooking)
- Add grated zucchini and grated sweet potato to a colander, add sea salt and mix through. Let sit for at least 15 -20 minutes and then squeeze out as much excess moisture as possible.
- Put the squeezed zucchini & potato mix in a fresh bowl and pepper, eggs, onion, parsley and almond meal.
- Add 2-4 tablespoons of coconut oil to a medium fry pan on moderate heat. Not too hot as the fritters will not cook through and burn.
- Using a spoon or scoop, place a few tablespoons or scoop in the fry pan. Depending on the size you make and the size of your pan you can place from 4 to 6 in a medium size pan. Make sure the fritters are not touching.
- Cook for a 4-5 minutes on each side, until lightly golden and drain on paper towels.
Then repeat until you use up all the fritter mixture. You may need to add more coconut oil in between batches.
*Great for school lunch boxes OR after school snacks
**You can also make mini fritters for little ones. They will love them
*** Add any veg's you like eg. corn, carrot, peas, chopped silverbeet, spinach, broccoli or mushroom.
**** You can substitute almond meal for any other nut or wheat flour. If you use coconut flour only use 1/3 cup of flour and add an extra egg.